- This program has passed.
DC Living Heritage Network and Oral History Collaborative Community Meeting
February 13, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST| Free
HumanitiesDC and the Historical Society of Washington, DC are proud to announce the DC Oral History Collaborative!
The Oral History Collaborative welcomes the DC Living Heritage Network & the general public to the initiative. This meeting will also include updates on the DC Cultural Plan.
The DC Oral History Collaborative is an ambitious city-wide initiative to document and preserve the history of Washington’s residents and communities through the collection of oral histories. The project will survey and publicize existing oral history collections, provide grants and training for scholars and amateur historians to launch new oral history projects, and establish an interactive, accessible platform where the city’s memories can benefit residents and scholars for generations to come.
Join us at this first of three community meetings to:
– Meet the Oral History Collaborative team and hear plans for its first year
– Contribute your ideas for historical questions to consider and interesting people to interview
– Learn how to apply for funding for a DC Oral History Collaborative project
– Learn how to be a trained oral history interview volunteer
– Meet neighbors who are also interested in oral history and community heritage.