DCOHC Partner Celebration/Grantee Showcase
December 11 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Last summer, the DC Oral History Collaborative (DCOHC) partnered with 10 local organizations and individuals to produce exciting new oral history projects around the city. Join HumanitiesDC at this FREE event to find out what our community partner oral historians learned about the city through their narrators, and what they learned about oral history through the process.
- Buzzard Point Oral History Project
- Race and Cultural Identity in Latino DC – Collective Memory and the Mt. Pleasant Riots
- Black Broadway on U: a Transmedia Project
- Howard University Nursing History Project
- Anacostia Unmapped 2.0
- The Intersection of Whitman-Walker Health and HIV/AIDS in DC
- DC Jazz Festival Oral History Project
- Mapping Segregation in DC: School Integration in Ward 4
- ARTS DC: CETA and the Arts in the District of Columbia 1977-1982
- DC’s Fight for Affordable Housing and an End to Gentrification and Homelessness
This event is free and open to all but registration is requested.
Have an idea for an oral history project? Apply for a DCOHC Partnership Grant! Deadline is January 24, 2018.