Researching at the Kiplinger Research Library
- Access to the library and in-person reference services are free. While Society membership is not required for access to the collections, we appreciate every show of support for the preservation of our collections and services we offer.
- On their first visit, researchers must fill out a Patron Registration Form and show photo identification. On subsequent visits, researchers simply sign in upon arrival.
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases, coats, umbrellas, purses, computer carrying cases and other personal items are not allowed in the reading room. Lockers for belongings are available in the coat room adjacent to the library. Small hand-held wallets or change purses are allowed.
- It can be cold in the library; we suggest bringing a sweater or scarf with you.
- Laptops are allowed. The reading room has wi-fi.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are prohibited in the library.
- Library computers may only be used to search the Library Catalog and other sites related to HSW collections. Non-collection related computer use or internet browsing is prohibited.
- Cameras, including smartphones with ringers on silent, are allowed if the researcher signs the “Personal Camera Use Form” concerning copyright restrictions; images are for personal research use only.
Remote Research Inquiries
The Society also responds to reference queries via email for those unable to visit the Kiplinger Research Library. Please note, while in-person reference assistance is free and unrestricted, due to the small staff we are unable to provide extensive remote research on behalf of patrons. Time permitting, we can conduct up to 30 minutes of gratis research among our collections. In order to provide the best service possible, when submitting remote reference queries please do consult our online catalog and indicate additional sources that may have already been researched.